Erica's Early Learning

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Time Well Spent


I would like to thank all of my fellow colleagues for their help towards me completing my Masters’ Program here at Walden University. My colleagues and professors have enlightened me on so many things that have strengthened my professional growth. I have learned that it is important to have effective communication with your colleagues, staff, parents, children, as well as, your family. Communication plays a crucial role in building a healthy, trust worthy relationship, and I plan to continue building my communication skills as I grow in my profession. I have learned that one person can make a difference. For instance, my final course here at Walden University has taken me on a ride that I will never for get. I have become a true advocate for young children, their families, as well as, the community I serve since this course. I have taken the initiative to improve the well-being of young children and their families, by working with my fellow co-workers to improve our curriculum, so we can make sure that our children are ready for kindergarten. I have also learned that there are a lot issues in regards to the well-being of young children and their families in the early childhood field. For instance, the lack of men in the early childhood field, the lack of knowledge of raising foster children, and the rise of bullying in the early childhood field.

My long-term goal will be to provide a school that will support the needs of children, their families, as well as, the community by giving them the proper education they deserve. I want children to be able to learn at their own pace and define who they are as a person. I want bully free environment, as well as, a support center for my families and community, so they can learn how to improve their way of life.

Farewell to my instructor and colleagues, I truly enjoyed your feedback on all of my classroom assignments and I would like to thank you all for your support throughout this course. I could not have done it without and the grace of God. Thank you so much. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.



12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Steve for your invite. I will make sure that I do that.

      Delete
  2. Can you believe that our journey at Walden is almost over? It has gone by so fast! Good luck to you! I hope you are able to achieve all of your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Christine,

      I know right, I am glad that this day is finally here. Thank you for your response, and I wish you the best, as well.

      Delete
  3. I still can't believe it is over! I think I have made more connections here, than I did when I sat in a desk in a school! Thank you for thoughtful discussions throughout this class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica,

    We did it!! What I am wondering is what are we going to do with all our free time now? I may sleep for at least a week and then start working out! What do you want to do? I have missed my friends and family a lot. Maybe we should each have a big party?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not goodbye... It's hello to the next leg of the journey. Hopefully many of us will stay in touch to make the change we came to see possible here at walden.
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erica, you are so welcome. We appreciate your input and shared experiences. Keep growing and helping children and fanilies. Good luck with your future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erica,

    We did it! It gets better because this is just the beginning of the many joys of our future in helping children and families become the leaders of tomorrow! Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Erica! I am excited that you have been able to use what you've learned in your Walden already. I,too, have been able to apply so many things to my actual life as a teacher and director. It certainly has been a long, difficult journey for all of us, but we perservered and finished!!! Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Erica,

    Thank you very much for the insights you gave me through the course. I was able to enjoy my journey at Walden because I’ve had great peers like you. I hope that we will make changes together for children even if we work separately after our graduation.

    Ayako

    ReplyDelete